Friday, August 10, 2012

Flannel Friday: Knock, Knock... Who's There?


I found these houses in my inherited files, but they didn't have a rhyme. The size of the houses gets smaller with each one you take off. They are all different colors. I'm making a Bird theme story box for our Fall programs, and I thought these would work well. So I made a rhyme...

Who's There?
by Miss Courtney
Knock, knock, knock.
Who's there?
Is there a bird hiding somewhere?


Then, you flip the house over to see if it's a bird. Hmm... Nope, it's just a pig hiding.

Knock, knock, knock.
Who's there?
Is there a bird hiding somewhere?


Yes, there is a bird hiding in the green house. Could there be more?

You can substitute "bird" for any other animal or item and hide it in the house. This might be a fun activity to have each week. Find more Flannel Friday ideas on Falling Flannelboards and check out our Pinterest group.

4 comments:

  1. I know those houses! They're from a Totline flannelboard book and go with the Little Mouse guessing game rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! We have a Miss Mouse game in our library that has a house with objects hiding behind it. My kids LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing on TGIF! Looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your enthusiasm. I can't wait to use these in storytime!

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!