Friday, May 4, 2012

Flannel Friday: 5 White and Fluffy Sheep


"Five White and Fluffy Sheep"
Sung to the tune of "Five Green and Speckled Frogs"
from Miss Meredith's Lamb Story Box.

Five white and fluffy sheep
In the pasture fast asleep
Their wool kept them warm all night long.
Snore, Snore!
The farmer ran away with one,
Sheared her wool til he was done.
Now there are four white fluffy sheep.
Repeat: 4, 3, 2, 1


One fluffy sheep and one regular sheep. I pulled the wool off the sheep for each verse.


Have I mentioned how much I love the Ellison Die-Cut?

Lamb magnet note holder

Here is a craft to go with the lamb theme. The idea came from FamilyFun.com, but I tweaked it for toddlers.


And a couple of sheepish books!


Mollie is the hostess with the mostess this week! Check out more great flannel story ideas.

8 comments:

  1. Cute sheep! I love the green wiggle eyes of your sheep craft. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We usually use sticker eyes, so the children were very excited about these.

      Delete
  2. I laughed so hard at "Snore, snore!" I bet the kids love this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they all snored with me. I always ask who they know who snores. This week it was grandpa.

      Delete
  3. Where is the Green Sheep by Mem Fox is another great one.

    Love the use of the song!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion! That was in the box, too, but I had used it recently in our Mem Fox storytime. I almost made the sheep different colors to go with it.

      Delete
  4. too cute! we love flannel board fun! thanks for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday! i also pinned this on my flannel pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! great minds...LOL! I didn't realize you had already shared this rhyme. It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!