Friday, March 30, 2012

Flannel Friday: 5 Little Froggies


"Five Little Froggies" sung to the tune of "Five Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree" traditional song adapted by Miss Courtney.
Five little froggies sitting in a tree,
Teasing Baby Alligator, “Can’t catch me!”
Along comes Baby Alligator quiet as can be,
And, “BOO,” scares that froggie right out of the tree.
Repeat: 4,3,2,1, and there were no more frogs to tease that sweet alligator


I used some non-fiction frog books we have in our collection as inspiration for these red-eyed tree frogs. I used fabric markers for the little details. 


Animal print flannel rocks! I really want to add a diaper to this little guy, since I call him "baby alligator." He doesn't have any teeth, so I guess that works.

While I'm singing and using the flannel pieces for this story, I encourage the children to act out the story as well. We hold up fingers on one hand and use the other hand to make an alligator mouth. We cover our eyes and say, BOO!


To view the rest of this week's round-up, visit Rain Makes Applesauce. The focus of the week was the Summer Reading Club theme, Dream Big READ. Fun fact-- Alligators are nocturnal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!